Chair Lending Protocol
1) Chairs are lent on a case-by-case basis.
2) Chairs lent out should be returned within 2 weeks (or sooner if needed for a THNE event).
3) If a duo needs a THNE chair more than 3 times per year, we recommend that this duo purchase its own chair. (THNE can advise re: fundraising for a chair.)
Running Chair Safety Checklist
1. APPLY PARKING BREAK (especially when loading a Captain) when chair is assembled and not being used.
2. Captains must wear seat belt/ safety harness at all times.
3. Angels must be tethered to the chair while pushing.
4. CAUTION ON DOWNHILL particularly in wet, slippery conditions.
5. Stay off to the side of the road unless to pass.
6. Avoid aggressively weaving around participants during an event.
7. Give adequate space for individuals who are running/ walking in front of the chair.
8. We require that all Angels carry a cell phone in the jogger chair that they use for racing.
THNE Equipment Director